Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Around our Kathmandu home

Often I see this Tibetan woman drying her hair in the sun.
Temple to Ganesh which is right on our corner.


Rebuilding the wall along the road

Cuties on their way to school

The fruit seller and his bicycle.

Do not hit a cow.


The pharmacy near our house. You can get everything.
I never know what I will discover when I step out of our yard.  Right on the corner near our house there is a shrine to Ganesh, the elephant faced Hindu god, and each morning there are fresh flowers scattered at his feet and he is covered in red and yellow powder. Sometimes I am lucky and a worshipper is kneeling by the statue and then rings the bells that surround him on four corners. I usually pass students in uniform going to and from school the various schools that are near. All the roads in Kathmandu are being widened at once it seems and so road crews are out tearing down walls and then building new ones. As it is, roads are barely wide enough for one car and so when faced with another car, or motorcycle or even a cow, watch out. Pedestrians beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment